Thursday, May 29, 2008

First impressions.

Greetings, everyone:

I figured I should check in and commend all you whom have jumped head-first into this activity, both by posting either drawings, feedback, or both. I don't think I could asked for a more auspicious beginning to The Summer Studio, and I don't know about the rest of you, but I have begun anxiously checking for new posts or comments with increasing frequency.

I don't know if many of you noticed, but a certain Mr. Hendrix has taken valuable time from something that approximates an actual career and found his way over to the Summer Studio (without prodding, I may add), generously offering comments on the sketches posted by both Lee and Sam. I suppose we should offer him authorship so that he can offer more insight if he continues to be so inclined, but I will leave that to the consensus of the group.

In review, here's what participants have chosen for our first assignment:
Rachel: Scarlett Johansson
Victoria: Michael C. Hall from 'Dexter'
Sam: Amy Winehouse
Lee: Elvis Costello (Applause for a designer participating in inter-league play)
Jenny: Miley Cyrus (possibly)
Alan: I heard from Jenny what Alan was working on, but I've already forgotten. Alan?
and, as promised:
Mike C: Undecided as of yet, but probably Tom Waits. I hope to post a few doodles soon.

So where are the rest of you? Excuses should probably be posted in lieu of actual work if that is the case.

m

No comments: